Its the new version of Android everyone is waiting for… Android Q!
Part of Google’s Beta Program, Pixel users can enjoy the latest beta version of Android Q.
With all beta software of course, there’s the risk of losing your data, so make sure your data is backed up in Google’s Cloud before installing Android Betas.
Here’s how to Install the beta.
- A Pixel range of phone (the OG Pixel all the way up to Pixel 3 XL is supported)
- Wall Charger
- Internet Access (WiFi is recommended)
- A computer
- Internet Access on the computer
- Web Browser
- Lots of patience
Now we have that out of the way, lets begin with getting your device ready for the beta.
- Plug in your device to the wall charger. This will make sure we have sufficient battery life.
- On your PC, head to the Android Beta website
- Click on Eligible Devices
- Your device will show up in the list.
5. Click Opt In.
Thats all for the computer part. Head over to the phone and head to Settings > System > Advanced Options > System Updates. Now tap on “check for updates”. If you get a screen saying “Android Beta Update” go ahead and tap Update. The phone will now download the latest beta from Google.
Your phone will now reboot. Give the phone approx 5 minutes to complete the update, Android will need to “optimize” the apps.
Congratulations! Your phone is now part of the beta of Android Q.